2017 Bartram’s Garden Cruises Start Mother’s Day
We are excited to announce our 2017 Bartram’s Garden cruises. We start the season on Mother’s Day – May 14th, 2017.
During this cruise we explore the tidal Schuylkill as well as the deeply-rooted history of a National Historic Landmark. The focus of this 3-hour tour is the story of the Bartram family – botanists, explorers, and 18th-century pioneers.
Cruise to Bartram’s Garden and discover the home of America’s first great botanist, John Bartram. Take a 1/4 mile walk up the natural meadow to see amazing views of Philadelphia’s skyline and explore the historic garden, community farm, and recreational trail.
This tour includes a 2-hour stop at Bartram’s Garden with an introductory tour of the newley restored 1731 house and the recently restored Ann Bartram Carr garden.
Bartram’s Garden offers an opportunity to experience its rich past as it embarks on a journey towards a dynamic future. The major garden renovation and house conservation help to share the Bartram story in beautiful new ways.
2017 Tour Dates
- May 14th, 2017 – 12:00pm and 1:00pm
- June 4th, 2017 – 12:00pm and 1:00pm
- June 18th, 2017 – 12:00pm and 1:00pm
- July 16th, 2017 – 12:00pm and 1:00pm
- July 30th, 2017 – 12:00pm and 1:00pm
- August 13th, 2017 – 12:00pm and 1:00pm
- August 27th, 2017 – 12:00pm and 1:00pm
- September 24th, 2017 – 12:00pm and 1:00pm
- October 22nd, 2017 – 12:00pm and 1:00pm
Patriot Harbor Lines
211 S. Christopher Columbus Blvd. Philadelphia, PA 19096